The Church community shares your joy and is here to help.
To get married in the Catholic Church
- One or both of the couple need to be a baptised Catholic
- The Catholic must be resident in the parish or Sacred Heart & St Bernadette’s be their regular place of worship.
- Marriage is between a man and a woman.
- Both must be free to marry (if either has been married before, you must speak to the priest at the earliest opportunity).
- Arrangements must be made at least 6 months in advance but no more than 18 months in advance.
Speak to the Parish Priest. This is best done after Mass at the weekend or by making an appointment;
Meet with the Parish Priest to discuss …..
- The date. Do not make any other arrangements until you have ensured that the church and priest is available.
- Marriage preparation. In addition to necessary paperwork, the Catholic Church requires that both parties attend marriage preparation.
You might find these documents and links helpful